Monday, September 17, 2012

Dane

Alyse had her baby! I can NOW finally say I'm an aunt! He was born on September 15. Couldn't be more excited for the little family. He was 7 lb 12 oz (good sized baby) and 20 1/4 inches long. They decided to name him Dane (after Dana, and Tommy served his mission in Denmark) Gregory (after Tommy's dad) Leininger. I know everyone else is stealing pictures from Alyse and Tommy's emails too, but I just wanted to document this.
My mom says he's advanced for his age after opening his eyes so much... it's already begun.
We are all already obsessed with him. It's surreal to see that baby and know that it's a part of our family, as close as it is to being our child (without actually being our child). Grandma Murphy (Mom) is on her way now to see them and help Alyse out. We can't wait to meet him in December!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being an Aunt. It is the BEST!! You get to love them and spoil them but at the end of the day you send them to their parent!! I love my nieces and nephews and think they are the bomb,and I am sure this little guy will be pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete