How has a year already gone by?
I will write more about her birthday later, but I need to go to bed and I'm still in an unhealthy amount of denial about this.
I will write more about her birthday later, but I need to go to bed and I'm still in an unhealthy amount of denial about this.
A year ago we were this:
OH MY GOSH SO SWOLLEN! I was definitely not aware of how much fluid they pumped into me. But look at that tiny burrito!
And now we are this:
She is a much bigger burrito.
Some thoughts about motherhood:
It is a giant workout. I do squats like 85 times a day. With 22 pounds of fluff hanging onto me.
It is a giant workout. I do squats like 85 times a day. With 22 pounds of fluff hanging onto me.
It is a giant guilt trip. I feel guilty every day for something I feel I should have done better. I know I shouldn't, but I worry that I'm doing enough for her.
It is a giant thrill ride. I love seeing Cora's accomplishments, because they are just as exciting to me as if they were my own. Because they kind of are.
It is a giant research project. What kind of carseat should we get next? When should we stop giving her bottles? How much food should she eat in a meal? Etc. etc. etc.
It is a giant lot of other things, but the important thing is that we survived this first year of parenting, and Cora is healthy, happy, and very VERY loved. Whether she wants to be or not. Happy first birthday to our sweet Cora Faye! We love you more than you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment