Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Our Next Step!

So we moved out of our apartment December 10, not knowing where our next step would be. Luckily, Brandon got many calls and interviews after graduation so we felt like we weren't totally stranded.
On the 27, Brandon and I were able to go to Visalia CA to an interview for a family healthcare job. I was glad I got to go, even though I missed Cora terribly.
The job was AWESOME. They even drove us around town for a few hours letting us see places we could move into, and the parks nearby. It has running trails! SUPER excited about that. We found an apartment complex that we wanted to live in if they offered us the job. It has reasonable cost of living (especially for California). The population is 130,000, but due to the large migrant worker population would still qualify to pay off our student loans in 5 years. AND we would be 30 minutes from Fresno, which means a temple nearby!
But my favorite part of the place is the location. It is halfway between our parents. Which is perfect. When my parents get back they'll only be 3.5 hours away, which I am excited about because I will want to see them a lot. We are within a day's drive of Utah, and a much longer day's drive of Colorado.

Growing up we called this (and I still do) "cow poop country". Because it does smell like cow. But honestly, if that's my biggest complaint then whatever.
I wasn't totally sold on the move, but there was literally no reason not to be. It's just scary to think of living somewhere for at least 5 years. Since Brandon and I have been married we have moved every few years. And I never saw myself going back to California. But it feels right! So we are moving there February 6, and I can't be more excited to start our new chapter. CORA GETS HER OWN ROOM. I REPEAT, CORA GETS HER OWN ROOM. Which means WE get our room back! I can't wait to decorate Cora's room. Which she will get to share soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment