Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween Activities 2017.

This was the first year that we actually got to enjoy Halloween with a kid. Cora finally got into the idea of Halloween and trick or treating, which was so cute!
Cora didn't quite get the concept of dressing up, so we just went with what she was obsessed with. First it was Tangled so we got a Rapunzel dress, then as soon as I bought it she became OBSESSED with Beauty and the Beast. I mean obsessed. We have had the soundtrack on repeat in our car for over a month and she wants to watch the movie every day (not that I let her... but she does watch it at least weekly). So when I found this dress at Target:
 She was SO excited!
So I found a red collared onesie online to make into a Gaston costume. But it didn't come through, so I had to whip something up really quickly. I found this pattern and I can't stop laughing at it.
 Cutest lumberjack ever! We said he was Paul Bunyan, and found his Babe to go with it.
 Our first Halloween party was the week before with Music makers. That bearded hat doesn't stay on for long, so I snapped a few quick pictures.



 That night we had the ward trunk or treat. I didn't have time to make myself a good costume so I bought a hat and green face paint and went as a witch. But BRANDON wins for best sport.
I begged him to dress up as Zoolander for Halloween. 
He did it because I said he would make Bethany so happy.
I still can't stop laughing at it. It was totally worth all the times he's going to hold it over my head.

 On Halloween we went to the park instead of story time at the library. Our cute children's librarian wasn't going to be there so we didn't go. SO many princesses everywhere!
 These are 3 boys who were all born within a month of each other. Clive is June 21, James is June 30, and Ruben is July 18.
 Not only that, but they all have sisters that are the same age! Well, they'll be in the same grade at least. It's so perfect.

The friends in our ward invited us to go trick or treating with them. Cora loved it and walked for 45 minutes straight before deciding she needed to be pushed in the stroller. Since we went with friends we didn't mind pushing her around! 
Our group:
 
 
James was a festive pumpkin, and he stayed in the Moby wrap all night.
 Cora was only scared of a few houses. But we were able to convince her that they weren't scary... I think. At least she didn't have any nightmares that kept her up!
When she would go to each house she would say "Twit oh tweet" and then after she got the candy she would say "Thank you very much!" in the cutest voice. We got a lot of comments on that.
I think it makes us a real parent that we hate Halloween candy now. Brandon and I are both on low sugar diets now so this was not a good idea. Luckily, I already traded Cora her candy for a Cinderella doll (she doesn't know it's a trade). She picked Cinderella and not Belle? She's crazy.


Overall, a fun first experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment