Sunday, August 22, 2010

Family Reunion 2010

So it was a few weeks ago, but I decided to wait until I had gotten the pictures from Mom's camera to talk about the reunion. It was in Charleston, UT... a suburb of Midway, which doesn't have too much population to begin with. So we were pretty much on our own. I liked it.
The reunion started on a Friday, and began with Grandpa's activity- a Square Dance.
We let him take his "rightful" place as DJ.

The next morning we went tubing down Provo Canyon River... it was the coldest water I think I've ever felt. It was 45 degrees... holy cow. And there were redneck locals dumping buckets of water on us!!! ugh... some people.
Ignore the unsightly bandage on my chin.
Katie and I tied our tubes together, and took way too long to get down the ice-water because we kept hitting the trees on the side. But we were enjoying ourselves haha.
Afterwards, we acted like children who had never experienced warmth and piled in the hot tub at the house... As many as we could. The water was nasty and only halfway full by the time we got out:
Sunday, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's ward in Orem. Of course it was the week of a missionary's homecoming, and of course Grandpa had already asked the Sedgwicks to sing a musical number. Coincidence? With Grandpa, anything's possible. After that, we went to the self-proclaimed "Smithsonian of the West", in Charleston Utah. This pretty much sums it up.
After all the excitement was over, it was time for family pictures. We got some pretty good ones.
(Jared in the background)
We had a talent show, and I did my card trick. I knew if I didn't have something planned then I would get called on anyways... so luckily Alex taught me that trick at work just prior.
Monday we did miscellaneous activities, such as jet skiing and playing cards with the cousins.
Overall, I loved the reunion. It was a ton of fun, and I got to know my cousins a lot better than I seem to normally in a reunion.

1 comment: