Thursday, June 9, 2011

My summer friends

So one of the joys of being a Child Development major is that one of the best work experiences I can have is babysitting. I love it. The downside is that I don't have a whole lot of peer interaction, because I'm there for the kids. But I have been lucky enough to go to a wedding reception by now, for my friend Jen (Neeley) Harker. Bethany drove out with me because it was an hour or so away, and we only stayed for a few minutes. But it was gorgeous, and if I had a backyard that big and picturesque I would use ours too. But Murphy has made sure that we know it's his territory now. (Note: Our backyard isn't bad... it's just not big enough for a wedding reception). Watching her and her husband Dusty at the reception was cute, and it also helped me realize that having my reception the night before wouldn't be bad. She loved having everyone there, but she was just tired by the end of the day.
Don't even get me started on that dress. It was so gorgeous, if I could have found one in my size (because she's about half my size), I would have copied her in a second.
Other than that, I hang out with babies. Literally. I'll just give first names of these children, but they're adorable.
Keegan
Kamden (they can't let me use the camera without wanting to touch it all the time)
Maverick
 Savannah (aka Savvy)

I love them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you made it out to Jennifer's reception... I wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete