Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Austin's Graduation

Yesterday was Austin's graduation... it was very nice. I was dreading sitting through the ceremony, because I was so bored throughout my graduation. I just remember sitting there and wanting to get to Grad Night. I had not liked high school very much. Even so, I started thinking of the finality of graduation. I haven't seen the majority of my class since that night, and to be honest that's fine with me. But it still was kind of sad to say goodbye to some people. I just don't like endings, to be honest.
But, Austin had a much better high school experience. Watching him grow during these last 4 years has been pretty amazing. He's always been more charismatic than the rest of us combined (besides Cole, maybe). His classmates love him, and he's loved that.
It was pretty amusing to watch some of my old teachers back at the UCI Bren Center. Some will just never leave, huh? There were also some classmates working as paraprofessionals and teacher's aides, which was amusing. In all, probably about a quarter of my class was there for younger siblings.
We all had noisemakers for when Austin stood up, because we wanted to try and embarrass him (nope). Little did we realize that we were going to wait for the VERY end, because he was going to be the second to last person called. Oh no, it gets better! He and his friend then continued to pick up their advisor between them and bounce her up and down, to the laughter and cheers of their classmates. My mom was laughing, but said it was "not appropriate". I was just amazed he had the guts to do it.
This picture we took was cute, and on my new cell phone which actually takes new pictures. He was so happy, and is probably exhausted from partying at Grad Night all night. But we're proud of him, and hope that BYU can handle this.

No comments:

Post a Comment