Saturday, July 5, 2014

Austin comes home!

So I'm trying to update the blog on the many different trips we've been lucky enough to take, so I thought I'd start with this.
Austin got home from his mission the night of the last day of summer school. He got home on a Thursday night, and unfortunately Allegiant Air flies only on Mondays and Fridays. So we weren't able to be there in person, but I persuaded Dad to let us be on FaceTime so we could see the arrival.

When we got there Friday afternoon, I was trying to figure out where to meet up with the family at the curb when Austin jumped out just past security. I love this reaction picture.
We got a few stares from  my shriek.



While we were there with Alyse Tommy and Dane, our lives basically revolved around Dane. As per usual. He's got all sorts of funny tricks, including calling Bethany "Bubba". So everyone needs to call her that now. He loved the men there, which is pretty hilarious.
We also played some Risk, as per usual. Note the Del Taco drink... I missed Del.
The main thing we did was go to the beach. Dane LOVED it. One of the things the boys did which was also "funny" was pick up Bethany by an arm or leg and throw her in the water.


Brandon then also decided to throw me over his shoulder and throw me in the water. I had no chance.



Funny story- Alyse said a few days after they left they were talking about the beach, and Dane said, "Brandon, Camille, throw!" hahaha we didn't even know he was watching the whole thing.


After that was Ruby's on the pier. A good way to end the time with the Leiningers.

One of the things we did while we were there was go to the San Diego temple with Austin! It is temple #19 for us, and it seemed to be a good way to help Austin get back into normal life again.

 I always hate going home, but especially after a fun time like this. But, the blow was eased by knowing that I would be back in Utah with them in a few weeks.
What is the opposite of "easing a blow"? Oh right, being delayed for 4 hours with no explanation at the airport. I knew it was a bad sign when the pilot and copilot were in line behind me to get food... when we were supposed to take off. But we made it through and got back in time for fireworks!
 Stars and stripes for 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment