Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Exodus Down South- Day 3

Ok, so we got to Dallas late Monday night. Alyse and Tommy told us they leave Dane's door open so they can hear him in the morning, so sorry if he woke us up early. We had a nice little air mattress in their front room, so we didn't mind.
The next morning, I was woken up by this: "mehmehmehmeh elephant... mehmehmehmeh balloon... mehmehmehmeh Brandon? Brandon? Brandon? Brandon?" Brandon and I were just laying there laughing. He hadn't even seen us yet! What a smart boy. He was THRILLED to see Brandon and kind of excited to see me. We told Alyse we didn't have much on our list of to-do's, so whatever she and Dane wanted to do was fine. We went to the park.
Dane was so happy to be followed around by Brandon, and just kept saying "Brandon, Brandon, Brandon." Alyse and I watched and talked.
After that we went to Costco, where Brandon and I finally signed up for a membership! Hooray!
"I jump, I jump".
While we were there Alyse sent us a funny picture... she said Dane kept hugging the watermelon.
It took us a while to sign up, so Alyse and Dane were done first. I told them Brandon had never had a Costco dog, so we had to get some for lunch. While we were eating, Dane stood up on the bench and hugged me. It was super cute, but we didn't get it on the camera. However, we got when he went over to Brandon to hug him...
It just looks like he doesn't like me, but he does I promise.
How tender.
That night we went to Babe's for dinner with the Nathan and Kristin Myres family. We loved the family style cooking! Delicious.
One of the funny things that happens at Babe's is when the "Hokey Pokey" comes on, the staff has to come out and do it. Nathan suggested we do it, and we all ran out. If you look at Tommy in the right corner of the second picture, you can see Dane's terrified eyes over his shoulder. Apparently he has stage fright.
Again, thanks Nathan and Kristin for a fantastic time!


No comments:

Post a Comment