So we had our anatomy ultrasound today, and it's a GIRL!
We were so anxious to have this ultrasound over with, and to know what we are having.
Through the course of my pregnancy so far, we flip flopped on what we thought we were having. Originally, I thought it was a boy and Brandon thought it was a girl. But about a month ago, we both inexplicably changed our minds. And I'm glad I did, because she's a girl!
It was nerve-wracking waiting in the office, and knowing that our answers were so close.
As the ultrasound went on, I was less concerned with the gender, and more and more relieved that everything was going smoothly with the baby's heart, brain, etc. It was amazing to see all the chambers of the heart pumping! She also had her hands up by her head... and, as we found out, her feet. Little gymnast! But the tech said she looked perfect, and she couldn't see anything of concern on the ultrasound. Thank goodness.
So after all the important things, the tech asked us, "So what do you think it is?" I told her I think it's a girl, and he thinks it's a boy. She said, "Well, the mom's right 90% of the time, and it's a girl!" I almost got teary eyed. And not because I could rub it in Brandon's face... no matter what he tells you. Just knowing is a relief!
The doctor told Brandon to get a night job to afford paying for a girl... clearly he doesn't know how little I've spent on clothes in the last year or so.
So, we are feeling extra blessed to have this little girl coming to our family. I can't believe it still. Wow!

No comments:
Post a Comment