Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

A few weeks into Brandon's new semester, he called me and told me about a PA conference in Orlando. I thought that would be great! Then he said, "Yeah, it's February 14". I thought he was kidding. Then I realized it was President's Day weekend so I said, "Hey, let's make it a fun weekend up there!" But he didn't have school off on Monday. So, I decided that it wouldn't be worth it to go.
I forgot how boring it is to not have Brandon around. It reminded me of when he would work night shifts, and I would crochet or go to the gym or watch TV or whatever just to keep my mind entertained. I would hang out with friends as well, but it's not like I could do that on Valentine's Day this year,
So, I didn't do too much. I read "Inferno", went on a walk, and decided that I should definitely go to the temple. So I scheduled my name for the last session of the day to make sure that I went and didn't read through it.
(Starting to feel large at almost 30 weeks!)
The session was beautiful. Little Tiny was NOT as reverent as she had been the last time I went, but that's to be expected I guess.
I really wanted to go to counter the nastiness that was taking over the theaters this weekend. It is so sad that the most popular movie of the weekend is one about domestic violence and abuse. That's not a love story, that's a horror film. Valentine's Day is about love, and we have love in our family. Love for each other, and for this little 3 pound lovebug.
I know all ultrasounds look the same to others, but to me she looks so cute. She was doing something with her mouth during this ultrasound and it was hilarious to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment