What the heck.
Brandon and I have successfully kept someone alive for half a year? And haven't scarred her too badly yet? It's a miracle!
I've been so paranoid that I'm not mentally stimulating her enough, or that I'm spoiling her too much and she won't hit her developmental milestones because I don't let her roll/sit/crawl enough.
But anyway, we have a lot of fun stuff coming up in the next few months. First Halloween (stay tuned for the best costume ever), then Thanksgiving, then CHRISTMAS, then Valentine's Day, then St. Patrick's Day, then her birthday. Waaaaah!
So yeah, I've been thinking about the future. I also keep thinking that next time around, when the nights are long and I can't nap with the baby this time because I'll have a toddler running around, I will remember that 6 months is FUN! She is so so so hilarious and fun.
Some things I don't want to forget:
- Her growling. She started doing this like last week, and it is SO hilarious. She growls all day every day, and I laugh every time. She even growls in response to me, which is so funny that she is catching on that we are making the same sounds.
As a side note, she does these high pitched squeaks that imitate mine. She also kicks her legs a lot when she does it and it KILLS me.
- How much of a morning person she is. This is a dark video, and it's off Snapchat so bear with me. But she is the happiest morning person possible. She LOVES seeing one of us put our heads over the side of her crib.
- How flexible she is. Her favorite thing in the whole world is sucking on her toes and hands. She will also suck on your hands if you let her, or your face.
"Slimy yet satisfying!"
- How much she loves Brandon. More of these pictures will come later, but she wouldn't smile at me while I was trying to take these pictures. But Brandon walked in and she made this face:
At this point we wait outside our apartment door when I know Brandon is walking up, and she lights up when she sees him. It's super cute!
- How much she loves looking in the mirror. She is totally being a ham right now. Whenever we look in the vanity mirror, she makes faces. Unless she has just woken up.
(Here are her "My First Halloween" pajamas. I couldn't resist.)
- How cheesy she can be. She has been giving me this cheesy smile lately and it is seriously so hilarious. Not many people get to see this... but she also does it when I pick her up when she's whining to get picked up. Stinker.
She loves eating rice cereal, but only if it has applesauce (with cinnamon) or bananas in it. If you give it to her plain she FREAKS out. She will still only nap on her tummy, and sleep at night on her back. She doesn't like wearing shoes, because that makes it hard for her to suck on her toes. If you leave her for a second in the room she bursts into tears until you come back. She sleeps well at night, but naps are still being worked out.
She is so opinionated, and I have no idea why. I feel so lucky to be her mom!
Half a year down... I am already planning her first birthday party in my head.
- How much she loves looking in the mirror. She is totally being a ham right now. Whenever we look in the vanity mirror, she makes faces. Unless she has just woken up.
(Here are her "My First Halloween" pajamas. I couldn't resist.)
- How cheesy she can be. She has been giving me this cheesy smile lately and it is seriously so hilarious. Not many people get to see this... but she also does it when I pick her up when she's whining to get picked up. Stinker.
She loves eating rice cereal, but only if it has applesauce (with cinnamon) or bananas in it. If you give it to her plain she FREAKS out. She will still only nap on her tummy, and sleep at night on her back. She doesn't like wearing shoes, because that makes it hard for her to suck on her toes. If you leave her for a second in the room she bursts into tears until you come back. She sleeps well at night, but naps are still being worked out.
She is so opinionated, and I have no idea why. I feel so lucky to be her mom!
Half a year down... I am already planning her first birthday party in my head.





Ooooooh I love this little family so much! He is absolutely precious! Love these pictures!
ReplyDelete