Monday, November 16, 2015

7 months- I never want to forget.

Holy cow. We are more than halfway to her first birthday party! (Which is now a secret board on my Pinterest... I'm so excited to plan it!)
Some things I love include:
-Her rolling. Hooray she finally rolls again! She took a break for about 2 months, and now she thinks she is ready for it! When she rolls from her back to her tummy, she always looks so surprised, then looks around for praise. Her favorite is when Brandon pays attention to her.
How sweet is that?
-How much she loves Brandon. Not just because this gives me a break when he gets home (although that helps), but because it is so cute to watch. We stand in the hall when I know he is coming home and it is so fun to watch her face light up when she realizes who is coming down the hall. By now she just gets excited when we stand there because she knows what is about to happen. I will have to get it on video soon!
-How much she loves music. Cora lights up when I sing to her, and she will usually laugh and make a squealing noise. The other day I realized I hadn't played much piano for her, so I went over and started playing. Then she whined until I picked her up, and she just wanted to play.
- Her eyes. Her eyes are SO blue. I know they look pretty dark in most pictures, but look at this one I got outside.
She was pretty unsure of the grass under the blanket, but it was cute nonetheless.
-Her gummy smiles. Spoiler alert- she is cutting her first tooth! So I love these gummy smile pictures, because I know they will soon be a thing of the past. Man!
- Her curiosity. Cora is so hilarious and just watches EVERYTHING. This is nothing new, as the day she was born she really stared at the camera. But I love watching the wheels in her head spin as she tries to figure out her new world.

-Her limbs. Cora has the greatest baby thighs and arms in the history of ever, basically.
-Her sounds. She is growling, squealing, laughing, and starting to say "mama". But only when she is sad, which is so sad to hear. My favorite is when we think she is being super quiet in the mornings, but when we look over the top of her crib she screams happy screams at the top of her lungs.
-Her hugs. She does this funny thing where when you pick her up out of her crib she will look at you, grab your face, then press her forehead to your face. She is so sweet like that.

She is my favorite. It sometimes is hard with the long hours of being home alone and being the only parent around all day, and not having much interaction with other adults. But I know that there is nowhere else I would rather be!

No comments:

Post a Comment