Friday, July 28, 2017

Cousin Megan comes to town.

We were lucky enough to have my cousin Megan Myres come stay with us for a week. When I was a teenager, I got to go stay with different aunts and uncles when they had babies. I know I went to stay with John and LaDawn, Robert and Jill, Wes and Annie, and Brian and Denice. Now looking back, I'm not sure how helpful I was (oops). But, as I learned, sometimes just having another person around who can carry a conversation with you was worth it.
 Cora took a minute to warm up, but then she let Megan play with her.
 
 So tiny and yet so big!
 The day after Megan got here we needed to run to the pediatrician to get James on some medicine for his reflux. Having Megan there to keep Cora distracted made the whole trip worth it!
 Cora is such a good helper.
 That Saturday we went to the farmer's market and got some delicious snacks, then we drove up to the Sequoias. Cora ate all the blackberries on the way up.


 It took us FOUR hours to get to General Sherman (as opposed to the usual 1.5). So when we saw the line to take pictures was super long, we decided to forgo it and just take our own.



 
 Next we drove over to Kings Canyon National Park, which makes #7 for us. I definitely prefer Kings Canyon, because it is so much less crowded. 
 Plus they have the General Grant tree, which is the second largest tree in the world AND the nation's Christmas tree.
 The General Grant tree has a giant fire scar on the back. It is pretty impressive.





 


 Cora is such a good big sister.
 Dancing to "We Are the Dinosaurs"
 James loves Megan.
 I love those sleepy smiles! Actually caught one.


 I'm learning how to wear a baby. It is not going as well as I thought.
 Cora loves the painting booth at the children's museum.
 Such a train hoarder. Major eye roll.

 Tried a walk with the babies. It went well for half the time!

 Moana needed the rock n play one day.
 We also went to the zoo one day!

 Oh brother.



 On the way home James had a major meltdown so we pulled over in a not so good part of Fresno in a gas station.

 Luckily we finally got Megan off after a mixup with the airlines. But we were sad to see her go! Thanks for coming Megan, come back any time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment