Holy cow, time is just flying by.
Cora turned 2 3 months ago, and every time I think about how much she's grown since the last update I am just amazed.
Cora is a chatterbox. It's been interesting, because since she has started talking more and expanding her vocabulary she also babbles more. When she is on FaceTime her language is almost indistinguishable, but I know that she talks so much. She is able to follow simple directions. Right now we are working on teaching her to tell us when she can't finish a task we asked her. It would eliminate a lot of stress, especially when it seems like she just isn't responding.
Her memory is uncanny. She is obsessed with "Moana" right now. Whenever we watch a movie, I try to divert her from a scary or unpleasant moment. She then repeats whatever I said EVERY time we watch that movie. If you make her a promise, she won't let you forget it. One time, we t old her she could have a treat at Walmart. We pulled into the parking lot (not even a Walmart we frequent often) and she immediately said "Treat?"
She picks up on emotions so easily. It makes me have to rethink how I interact in front of and with her. If she hears one of us raise our voices, not even in an angry way, then she gets worked up.
She is SUCH a good big sister. She keeps checking on baby James, and likes to keep tabs on him. She seems to be adjusting well to her new role, which gives me hope that she won't hold it against me that she doesn't have all that one on one time anymore.
She is the nicest kid when it comes to other 2 year olds. She does not hit or fight with other kids, and when they hit or fight with her then she comes to me. It makes me crazy, but I want to teach her to always be kind. And not to hit them back (like I sometimes want).
We sure love our Cora Faye! She is the sweetest 2 year old I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment