Tuesday, December 29, 2009
New Year's Resolutions
Maybe I should have asked for Michael Buble for Christmas instead.
So, 2009 taught me a lot. A year will do that to you. As such, here is a somewhat light hearted (but serious at the same time) list of resolutions for 2010.
1) Bite my tongue more. There have been plenty of occasions where I have bitten my tongue until it bleeds to keep from saying things that could destroy relationships. I know that this will be tested very shortly after arriving back in Rexburg (it always is), so I'll just look at it as a test for patience.
2) Arrogant jokes are only funny to a point. Then people just want to kick you. I always like to make people laugh, but jokes are only funny to an extent.
3) 4.0 GPA. It's about time I got into gear, and showed what I'm REALLY capable of.
4) Cook & exercise more. Due to my lack of exercise and excessive Hot Pocket consumption, I get really lethargic when I'm at school. I also want to be able to cook by the time I get married (in 2015), but I also don't want to get fat from all the experimenting I do in the kitchen. So if I get in the habit of doing both, my life will be a lot better.
5) Do my dishes. Hopefully I can be an influence for good in my apartment.
6) Have some set schedule of waking up/going to bed. Last semester, I would start class at either 9 AM or 11:30 AM, depending on the day. This caused a somewhat chaotic sleep schedule, which probably wasn't healthy. I might lose less sleep if I set a usual time to try and be in bed/ awake by.
7) Be better about curfew. Ok, so to be fair, I was pretty good about it. Well, decent about it. I was usually watching a movie at someone's house if I was late coming home... besides the ice caves and a certain night where we couldn't find our keys. You get the point. Everyone who knows me knows that I don't like to follow rules that I don't see the reason behind. But I'm starting to understand that bad things can happen/ good things can be ruined by staying out just a little bit too late with someone. So I'll work on that.
It will be edited as I think of more resolutions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good plan :)
ReplyDelete