As I left Monday morning (Yes, I've been here for less than 5 days), it was 50 degrees at 5 in the morning. As I thought about what I was going to, I wondered again why I was so excited to go back to Idaho. The flight and drive were pleasant but uneventful, besides James turning onto the Legacy Parkway, which took us off course for a while. My first step out of his truck when we finally got to Tuscany was directly onto the most slippery patch of ice in Rexburg, resulting in my feet sliding out from underneath me. I pretended it didn't happen, since no one saw, but internally I knew it was Rexburg letting me know what I was in for. When we got into my apartment, the power was out. Another classic Rexburg move. But the three letters sitting on my bed waiting for me made up for it- from Elder Cornwell, Elder Green, and Elder Wong.
School was remarkably uneventful. The most exciting part of the week was missing my weight training class because I couldn't print out my schedule. As is standard, those known as my "crew" left this weekend to go to Utah. Which left me in my apartment with half the people there. That trick gets remarkably old after a while... I hate being left here by the people i'm supposed to be the closest to. But I guess all that means is that I'm supposed to go make new friends. I'm good at that.
We got our new FHE group this semester- it seems like it's going to be a good semester. Hopefully it will be better than our last semester's group... But I don't think it could be worse. At least three other people are from California, one from San Diego, which makes me happy. We'll have something in common. That's basically it for right now... I'm just bracing myself for a long week ahead. Only the second of the semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment