Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Finals Week/Packing Up, Moving Out

Easter was the good part of my week. The rest of the week was just torture. Not much to talk about... I did pretty well on my finals, except my science final. I totally bombed that... and it was bad. Not that I'm proud of that, because it basically means i bombed the class and I don't like that feeling. Especially since I studied a lot for that test and I don't want to fail. But I did well on my math final, which I'm pretty sure guaranteed me an A in the class. We'll have to see about the other classes.
So my mom kept telling me, "Don't worry about moving and packing up until after your finals are done". Umm, sorry to tell you but this time you were wrong. I decided to not worry about it (besides filling up 4 storage bins with clothes and moving them into my storage unit) until after my finals were over, and that night was terrible. We had decided to go down to Provo at noon on Friday, and I started cleaning up my room for reals at midnight Thursday night/Friday morning. Big mistake. I'm not going to say what time I went to bed or got up, but I will say that I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep, because of how much work I needed to do. I also couldn't even sleep in my bed, due to the enormous amounts of clothes/papers/miscellaneous junk all over it. I was also in charge of the bathroom, so I spent a few hours doing that. Yep, HOURS. Cleaning a 5X5 room.
So after getting not enough sleep, i found I had enough adrenaline to keep me going. However, that wasn't enough, unfortunately. I began moving more boxes into storage, using Brandon's car (and spare key that I had commandeered), while continuing to clean up. When Tami, our manager, came around at 11:30, I asked her to check the bathroom but not my room, since the bathroom was the only part that was done. Of course, she didn't. So at about 12:30 (an hour later than anticipated), i was finally ready to get myself checked off and moved out. Brandon's Jeep was filled to capacity with my stuff, most of it to go into storage. I called Tami, and asked her if she would come by to check my responsibilities. She asked if she could get a bite to eat first, or if I was in a rush. I told her we were in a rush, so it would be great if she could come now. Then we waited... and waited... and waited. About a half hour after she told me she would be "right over", i called her again- to no answer. I waited about 10 minutes, and called a third time. No answer. At this point I was fit to be tied, and told Brandon we were leaving anyway, even though that meant that would forfeit my deposit. I would have paid that money back to you guys, parents. I was just furious that she would be so rude to not come by. When she did, she found the most ridiculous things for me to do, that were not included in the job listing for the bathroom. Such as clean under the faucet handles with a knife. I nodded and smiled, but knew she was just doing it to get back at me for whatever heinous sin I had committed against humanity. The other person who had cleaned the other side of the bathroom was not told to do any of that. So as soon as she left, so did I. At this point it was 1:30, and I was feeling like the world's biggest jerk. We were 2 hours behind schedule, and I'm pretty sure I had ruined some plans for the day. However, the drive (after filling my 5X10 storage space with clothes) was good. Brandon and I sang songs like "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy", "Every time I hear Your Name", "Fearless", and other very tough and manly country songs. The week in Utah was awesome (stay tuned), and when I report about it I will be in sunny and wonderful California!

1 comment:

  1. Tami's CRAZY!!! i'm glad you won't have to deal with her anymore

    ReplyDelete