Friday, March 11, 2011

Probably the best day of my life

So yesterday was Brandon's and my one-year anniversary, and I was going to blog about how he's my best friend, etc etc etc... Now I have something different.
Over the last year, Brandon has truly become my best friend. I can tell him anything, and we could talk forever if we were allowed to. I had kept dropping hints that our one year anniversary was coming up, and that I wanted to do something special. Monday night, he told me that he had wanted to propose to me on our one year anniversary but that he didn't have the ring quite yet. Now, I had accidentally found the receipt in his car so I knew he had bought it, but I wasn't sure if he meant it had to get sized or whatnot. (my fingers are really thin- size 4 3/4). So he said he would think of something special for us to do on our anniversary and it would be memorable for me. Brandon's a thoughful guy, so I had no doubt he was sincere.
Yesterday I was so stoked for our date I couldn't focus on anything. He called and said we would go down to idaho falls and then do "something else". It's not like Brandon to be shady about anything, but he had been acting weird lately. So I put it aside.
He came over and brought these:
He said he figured it was our one year anniversary so he would buy roses. Normally he doesn't like to be cliche about stuff like that.
We went down to Idaho Falls and looked at the water falls. I'll put up some of the best pictures, because my eyes were closed in EVERY SINGLE ONE. Stupid wind.
It was a gorgeous view. And quite a long walk, so we burned some calories.
In Idaho Falls, they don't have any "romantic" restaurants... so we went to Texas Roadhouse. Luckily he had had the foresight to not stay in Rexburg, because then the most romantic place would have been Costa Vida or Applebee's.
We came home, and I fell asleep. Eating buffalo wings, mashed potatoes, steak, and chicken really takes it out of you. He let me sleep, then told me it was time for the "something else". So we drove to the nature park near the airport (i know, it's a joke that we have both of those). He told me to climb in the back seat, where I found a bottle of sparkling burgundy (nonalcoholic), and a hat full of paper. He told me he was recreating the date we went on about a year ago, when we decided to get to know each other by answering questions out of a hat. There were questions like "Most embarrassing moment" (Probably falling asleep in a movie and drooling on him), "Funniest moment" (Him dressing up as Ricky Bobby for Halloween), etc etc etc. Then there was one piece of paper left. It said "Will you close your eyes?" I read it, and started shaking. But I closed my eyes, and he got out of the car. It was pouring outside, but he ran around to my door and opened it. And knelt down and put this on my finger!

I said, "ARE YOU PROPOSING TO ME???" He nodded, and I said yes.


So, there you have it! I'm engaged to my best friend! I love it, and it's going to be so fun to actually plan instead of "well, this looks cute..." And I think he did good. That was my favorite date that we've ever done, especially the recreating part. I'm so excited for everyone to meet him, he's really a great guy.

4 comments:

  1. how cute!! i love the ring and the story is memorable and who doesn't love Texas Roadhouse... i miss it. but CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoahhh! We are so excited for you both, and for Brandon to join the Murphy ranks! You will have to tell us how to pronounce his last name... very dignified indeed! We can't wait to meet him and tell him how great you are... and how great of a wife and mother you will be! So happy for you both! xoxo The Rasmussens

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAHHHOOOOOO.
    I am so happy for you. That ring is top notch too!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camilly! congrats, you are awesome. You murphy girls are top notch. I cant wait to get to know Brandon more. Love you!

    ReplyDelete