Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Surprise

So I should blog about everything that's happened in the last two weeks... but I don't feel like it. So I"ll break it up a little bit.
So we drove up to Utah on June 29 for our family reunion. It was kind of rough being only 4 hours away from Brandon and not being able to see him, but I knew I was going to see him in a few days anyway when he flew out to California to be with us for a week.
Thursday morning my mom, grandma, Bethany, and I went shopping. On our way out, my mom looked at her phone and handed it to me, saying "Oh it's Brandon, probably for you!" So I answered it, and he sounded sooooo awkward. He said, "Umm, you need to hand the phone to your mom." Instantly my alerts were on high. Once I heard him say "Freak!" (his exclamation of choice), I knew something was up.
I didn't want to ask him outright, because I was getting my hopes up and if it wasn't actually what I was thinking I would be crushed. However, I was trying to be sneaky. I decided to call him at lunchtime, to see if he was in the car. He was, and he said he was just waking up from a nap. I said "Don't lie, you're in the car right now!" "Ohhh uhhh yeah Michael and I are going to Burger King." Hmmmmm. But then I thought, "if I call him a few hours later and if he is STILL in the car, then I will know he's coming to see me!" So a few hours later I called... and I couldn't hear the car. Turns out he could see me the whole time, because we were both in the same part of BYU campus. But it was enough to make me sad and give up hope. Imagine my surprise 20 minutes later when he walked through my grandparent's door. Luckily Michael was there to keep everyone entertained while I hugged Brandon for about 5 minutes straight. He was only there for the afternoon, but it was enough to keep me going until Monday.
We celebrated who knows what by going to Tucano's.


After that, I brought him over the Pleasant Grove to meet some more aunts and uncles and cousins. Poor guy, he's never going to meet everyone.
I don't really remember what we talked about (not like I'd tell you anyways), but I just remember being super happy and surprised that he had pulled this off for me. Luckily I convinced them to leave early in the morning, instead of driving through the night. It was a great surprise, and I owe him big time for doing that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment