Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Taste of Mommyness

Last week I was asked to babysit overnight for a very nice family in my ward while the mom worked and the dad trained for his new job. I knew it was going to be hard when she said her 9 month old twin boys were teething and might be up in the night. She said that they might only be up once, and I could just give them a bottle, but they might get up more than that so she would make a few bottles for both of them just in case.
I went over at 9 PM, and was greeted by one of the babies crying. I just held him and snuggled up with him, and he eventually fell back asleep. My favorite part of that was when he was falling asleep, he rolled over so that he was facing my body, and snuggled back in. Who wouldn't like that?
He went to bed at about 930, and I had some time to kill. I had taken a nap earlier in the day, so I wasn't tired yet. I watched some ESPN and Disney Channel, and just as I was about to fall asleep at midnight I heard crying. Neeeeedless to say, it was the beginning of a LONG night. I got 3 hours of sleep, in 3 1-hour periods. By 5:30, I was about to cry myself. Then I realized, this is exactly what being a mom will be like. I will not sleep for more than a few hours at a time for a long time, and then I will be up all day (I did work 5 hours then come home and take a nap right after that).
So pretty much, I respect all moms. Because at one point they have had newborns, and teething children, and nights where they see just about every hour on the clock. But I did get this cute little picture at about 1 in the morning, when Adam was refusing to sleep (every time I would pick him up he would be so tired he couldn't pick up his head, but he wanted to play soooo bad!)
You can't get mad at a face like that!

1 comment:

  1. poor camille! it can be tough but it'll be different when it's your own kids too because you'll love them and understand them better too... but twins... oh man

    ReplyDelete