Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful List 2011

I figure since everyone's doing it, I should. This might be extensive.
1. Brandon's job.
2. The comfort that we are allowed to enjoy because of his job.
3. Our great 2 bedroom apartment that we can live in.
4. Our 2 cars that keep us from having to walk to school when it's 25 degrees outside
5. The school that we can go to without breaking our bank.
6. My family. It was so fun to be with everyone for the wedding, and getting the overwhelming support from both sides of our family.
7. Our good health. Considering our crazy schedule, it's a miracle that nobody's sick.
8. The chance Brandon and I have to spend time with each other during the week.
9. Having family up here. Sometimes I feel a little left out, since I'm not involved in all the cousin gossip down in Provo. However, I love having a brother-in-law and sister-in-law here that we get to spend time with.
10. Modern technology. I don't know what I would do without my phone. I know I know, everyone says that. But with Brandon working all night, I wouldn't be able to sleep not knowing if he was doing ok. I'm very concerned about him like that.
11. The Gospel. I was just thinking about a conversation I had with my good friend Bekah when she was investigating the Church, and I said something that I have thought about ever since. I told her I wasn't an expert in pretty much anything, but I knew the Church was true. And if for some reason we die and I find out my whole religious core was not correct, at least I did things that made me a good person and it made me happy.
12. Little kids. I'm the Primary Music Leader in my ward right now, and I love it. The kids in the Primary and Nursery are so funny, and they are exhausting but make my life a little bit better. I've always known I've wanted to work with little kids for my job, and I don't regret it at all.
13. The friends I've made. Sometimes I get sad when I think I won't be home for a long period of time, so I won't be able to spend as much time with my friends from back home. But again, modern technology makes it easier to stay caught up with those people.
14. How I get to spend forever with Brandon. Yes yes, cheesy cheesy. We've been married for 3 months, big deal right? Well, we've already outlasted Kim Kardashian's second wedding, so it must be meant to be. In all seriousness, the more I thought about "eternity" the more it freaked me out. The only thing that kept me from freaking out  was knowing that I was with Brandon. We spent a long time dating, and got to know each other so well that it hasn't been that big of an adjustment so far living with each other. Besides the whole "hitting each other in the face while sleeping" thing. We're learning to talk about the little things now, which hopefully means we will talk about the big things when they come around in a few years.


This is not the best list, I will come up with more later. I'm just feeling thankful right now and trying to express it.

No comments:

Post a Comment