So 4th of July is pretty cool for Brandon and I. It's the only holiday that we've spent together in all the 3 years that we've been together. (3 Fourth of July's, that is.)
The first year, Brandon left on 4th of July, which was also the only Sunday I've ever worked in my life.
(For the full story, see here.)
Last year, Brandon flew in on Allegiant Air on 4th of July. That was the infamous "year of the wildfire" during our fireworks show, which cut it short. This picture ^^ was later in the week, when Murphy was so excited to go to the dog park that he didn't get out of his crate.
This year, we were in Rexburg. I decided that since we were here, we needed to see what Rexburg had to offer. After my sunburn over Memorial Day weekend, I decided to play it safe and cover myself as much as possible:
(The skirt was a DownEast conquer that Brandon let me buy after passing the Special Education Praxis. WIN.)
We made out way down to the Rexburg City Parade, and it was pretty funny. I loved watching a parade without working it, and realized that parades are pretty much one big advertisement:
Fire truck, naturally.
Shopping cart for Broulim's (the local grocery store).
We got Jamba Juice beforehand
Firefighters were throwing out candy... the kids were going NUTS over them.
The only picture I got of us this year, thank goodness I took it.
Toddlers and Tiaras should come out here to see these rodeo queens.
Advertising for one of 10 Asian food places along Main Street.
Cuuute!
Ron Paul. That eternal candidate.
Car Washers dancing to "Greased Lightning".
Ah, the shuttle service that takes people from Rexburg to Provo.
Darth Vader...?
Then the military came in...
... and sprayed the kids down with their hoses. I don't know how safe that was but the kids liked it.
Next we had a barbecue at Jake's apartment. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures there, but it was GREAT. He had elk meat that was made into burgers... so good.
Then we went to the park and the boys played frisbee while the girls laid there and talked. Such American things. I DID put sunscreen on MOM, and I didn't get sunburned! I also had my big hat on, even with my swimsuit on. (there's a water park thing for babies in the corner, so we got our feet wet.)
After that, it was shower time and get ready for dinner/fireworks. We went to Jimmy John's, and met up with everyone else.
Ok, let's get to the point. We went to the Idaho Falls Fireworks show. It was INCREDIBLE. Biggest show west of the Mississippi, with an average of 9 fireworks a second for 30 minutes straight. I was dying by the end, it was such a sensory overload. But so worth it. Here are some pictures I got:
The coolest part? We were sitting directly beneath the fireworks. Like, literally. The ashes were falling on us. It was so cool! Except getting cardboard in our mouths... ew.
Anyways, it was a great day. We went to Denny's to wait out the mad dash home, and made it home by about 12:30 that night. Not too bad at all.
Hopefully Brandon and I will get to see that show again too! Here's to a bunch of 4th of July holidays in our future.
PS 2 weeks from today I'm DONE with this semester. Just saying.




we had star wars as part of our 4th too!
ReplyDelete