Friday, May 30, 2014

I survived!

Well, I just checked out of my offices at both of my schools. Which means, I am DONE with my first year of teaching!
When I walked out of school today without my keys or any files on hand, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulder. It hasn't really hit me that I'm done though! I got to say goodbye to a lot of the people that I've gotten to know. I'll be sad to leave them. It's been such a bizarre year, and one that everyone said was super hard in general, let alone being between two schools and your first year.

I'm so grateful for the prayers and support that I've gotten this year. It's been the hardest things I've ever had to do. Brandon especially has been amazing. He's cooked, cleaned, done laundry, and everything I haven't had the energy to do after school. But I've learned so much, and I really do want to get a job next year in Miami so I can continue to grow and learn like this... and I mean as long as we don't have kids I can work at this pace. Props to all the other teachers I know, who manage to have balanced lives outside of school. How do you do that??

Note to self: The end of the school year takes a LONG time. Give yourself enough time to finish everything. Like 2 weeks of kind of long nights, instead of a week of crazy long nights. Just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment