Wow, I just got on the blog to write about Father's Day and realized that this never posted. I promise that we wrote it on time. Sorry Mom and Karen!
For Mother's Day, we both wrote about our mom and mother-in-law. Here is my part:
As I've gotten older, I've seen just how much I'm turning into my mom. I know a lot of people don't want that to happen, but I figure that's probably the best possible option for me! My mom's such a good example of what a Latter-Day Saint woman should be. She has never complained once about Visiting Teaching or her callings, including when she was Relief Society president while pregnant with her fifth child. She's also willing to give advice, even if it's a kick in the pants type of advice. She's been the one who usually hears about my day when it's fresh, since Brandon was at work most of the time I got home from work. Another big thing is how loving she is with Brandon. I know having TWO daughters get married at 20 was not ideal to her, but she loved Brandon (just like I knew she would) and didn't make it hard for him to join the family. I'm also grateful that she (and my dad) have given us our independence but also make sure we are O.K. with our particular "young, poor, married, going to grad school" situation. If I can raise my kids the way she raised us, I'll call that a success!
And now Karen. I was always nervous about meeting a boyfriend's family, and especially when I flew out to meet Brandon's family because I knew it was serious at that point. So I knew the final big step before getting engaged was meeting and making a good first impression with his family. And I'm so grateful that she has accepted me the way she has! It has really helped us to not have qualms about who to visit for holidays, because we enjoy both places. I love that she calls me, even though I can't always answer (sorry!). She has raised her son the right way, and really cares about us.
For Mother's Day, we both wrote about our mom and mother-in-law. Here is my part:
As I've gotten older, I've seen just how much I'm turning into my mom. I know a lot of people don't want that to happen, but I figure that's probably the best possible option for me! My mom's such a good example of what a Latter-Day Saint woman should be. She has never complained once about Visiting Teaching or her callings, including when she was Relief Society president while pregnant with her fifth child. She's also willing to give advice, even if it's a kick in the pants type of advice. She's been the one who usually hears about my day when it's fresh, since Brandon was at work most of the time I got home from work. Another big thing is how loving she is with Brandon. I know having TWO daughters get married at 20 was not ideal to her, but she loved Brandon (just like I knew she would) and didn't make it hard for him to join the family. I'm also grateful that she (and my dad) have given us our independence but also make sure we are O.K. with our particular "young, poor, married, going to grad school" situation. If I can raise my kids the way she raised us, I'll call that a success!
And now Karen. I was always nervous about meeting a boyfriend's family, and especially when I flew out to meet Brandon's family because I knew it was serious at that point. So I knew the final big step before getting engaged was meeting and making a good first impression with his family. And I'm so grateful that she has accepted me the way she has! It has really helped us to not have qualms about who to visit for holidays, because we enjoy both places. I love that she calls me, even though I can't always answer (sorry!). She has raised her son the right way, and really cares about us.
And now from Senor Giullian:
I have known my mother for about 24 years, I'm 26 but have no recollection of the first two. It is hard to put into words what I think about when I think of my mother. First of all, I think about the many sacrifices she has made in her personal life on my behalf. I think I will forever be indebted to her for the many years she has looked after me. She truly knows how to put others first. One quality that my beloved mother has (that we often tease her about) is her ability talk. I love having a mother that loves to talk! It can be difficult sometimes because I am not a very talkative chap, but I know that whenever I need to talk my mom will be there to listen, comfort and love. She is so friendly to everyone around her and has an excellent talent of making others feel invited and important. She is faithful to her family and the Lord. Currently she is working very hard on genealogy and it has been great learning and reading about my ancestors especially my great grandfather Giullian. She is a hardworking woman...she grew up on a farm...nuff said. She drove tractors as a young girl with one of her younger sisters pushing down the pedals...it's just funny to think of my mom doing that. Some of my favorite memories are when she would pick me up from high school at 12:00pm and we would go out to lunch together. She just always had time for me! I could go on and on but I will leave it at that. Happy Mother's Day Mom and thank you!
Now my Mother-in-law. Let's begin by saying that there simply isn't a better mother-in-law than Dana Myres Murphy! She plays frisbee! That s awesome! And she even almost tackled me once! She is very approachable and has such a big heart! Right now Dane takes up most of it but she still has so much for everyone she associates with. She truly cares about people. I love that Dana has such a strong testimony and has worked so hard helping her children value the gospel (because I married one of those children). She is very knowledgable and has great prespectives and insights. Happy Mother's Day Dana!
We also love our grandmas, aunts, cousins, siblings, and friends who are mothers. I have such great examples of mothers to look up to, and I'm grateful for it every day.
We also love our grandmas, aunts, cousins, siblings, and friends who are mothers. I have such great examples of mothers to look up to, and I'm grateful for it every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment