This pregnancy has been rough thus far.
I've lost a ridiculous amount of weight, and been presented with more interesting health challenges than I could have guessed.
But all I'm feeling is grateful right now.
Why?
My doctor has been wonderful. He doesn't sugar coat what he says, and he's willing to admit when he doesn't know something. That is so important to me, because I tend to be a nervous person, especially with pregnancy. Plus he has monitored the tiny one, and assures me that nothing has hurt the baby.
I'm so grateful for Brandon. Have I mentioned that before? I think us getting married and blending our personalities has prepared us for this point. Because he has been a ROCK. And today, when he could tell I just needed a little TLC, he came home and took me out to dinner rather than study right away. Just so we could talk. (And I kept it down, thank you very much.)
My family has been fantastic as well. I have complained a LOT over the last few months of sickness, mainly when I was so miserable. I'm so glad that they put up with it, and gave me advice while not belittling my feelings. Because I know I'm a tiny bit of a drama queen.
Right now I am just so grateful for the peace of mind that Gospel living brings. I've been so nervous this whole pregnancy that I've been doing the right thing, eating the right thing, not starving it, etc. But I've also had a sense of peace, knowing that this is what was meant to happen. Whatever happens is meant to. Brandon blessed me last year on my birthday (among other things) that I will know the Lord's will with our children, and that we will have them in the right timing. This is the right timing, and God will not abandon me now. That is not who He is.
So, I celebrate the successes and wait for the end of the trials.
And happy second trimester! This is my teeny tiny baby/nachos bump.
It looks massive from my perspective... oh well!

No comments:
Post a Comment