Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween 2014

Halloween came at the end of a LONG month. Besides my being sick, Brandon had about 16 tests to take.. Poor guy. Plus he doesn't really like to dress up (SHOCKER), so every year it's a back and forth on what we should be. So this year was super laid back, because I told him next year we are definitely dressing up with the baby!
So, I went to WalMart on the 30th and started looking. Here is our final product:
Pumpkins!
I saw the pumpkin maternity shirt last year and thought it was adorable. But they didn't even have an orange shirt available, so I made a face out of orange felt and glued it onto a black shirt. Suuuuper crafty, right?
Brandon went to school, and I finished my "costume" and went out to get a flu shot (and almost got denied BECAUSE I was pregnant... What the heck?! I was so mad. Anyway.) and we went to the ward chili cook off/trunk or treat. I am SO glad my morning sickness is pretty much gone because I had a LOT of spicy chili. Soooo good. Major heartburn but totally worth it. And the trunk or treat quickly turned into a free for all as kids came to our car 4 or 5 times. But little Ezra even got into the spirit of things- he would say "blalalalala" and hold out his bag for candy. We were dying laughing... But then he got mad when I took a few Butterfingers back later. (My favorite.)
We had talked about watching a scary movie for Halloween, but I didn't want to watch a horror movie. My body doesn't let me sleep well as it is right now, and a horror movie would make it worse. So we watched "World War Z". It's a zombie movie, which I usually hate. But this one wasn't bad. The mass hysteria reminded me of how the U.S. is freaking out about Ebola and thinks we're all going to die. But if there was a disease that turned people into zombies I'd definitely run!
Not very adventurous Halloween, overall. We're too old for that nonsense. But I'm stealing this picture of Dane for last- because he's SO cute. Can't wait to dress up this tiny being next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment