Last week we were reminded of just how mindful Heavenly Father is of us.
We were driving home from the nearby shopping center- about 4 miles from our home. We turned onto the Lehman Causeway, which is a road that turns into the bridge to take us over the Intercoastal Waterway. We were in one of those rare breaks in traffic where there weren't any cars near us. We just had a little scooter putting away in front of us. Brandon began changing lanes to get around him, then swerved to his left saying "Oh my gosh!". I thought the guy almost hit us, then I realized we hadn't stopped swerving. He went back to the right, then to the left (putting us basically moving horizontally down the street), then right. I realized he had lost control of the car and said the quickest prayer of my life as we went off the shoulder and into the grass. The car had barely stopped when I jumped out and grabbed Cora from her seat. She was a little indignant about being in her seat, but completely unfazed by what had happened.
We had no idea what had happened. Brandon said it was probably the power steering, but we weren't going to touch it until we could get it towed to a shop. Being the millenial that I am, I took a picture of our skidmarks as we sat in the car (which luckily turned on right away, since it was 95 degrees outside):
As you can see there are skidmarks and some grass torn up where we drove. We were very thankful to be ok.
I decided that Cora and I couldn't wait for the tow truck and however long the repair shop would take. Luckily we were near where our friends lived, and she was at the splash pad near their apartment. I went there, and her husband brought us home. We did get this picture with her little boy. I love Cora's face... perfect grumpy cat.
It was good that I didn't go with him, because he didn't get home until after 9.When he told me that the mechanics were amazed that we didn't roll our car, I wanted to cry. The thought that little Cora could have been in a serious accident was almost too much to handle.They never did find out what had happened. The roads were dry, there were no mechanical errors. But we did replace 2 tires and the front brakes. But I'm now afraid to drive. I have never been afraid to drive, even after totaling my car or spinning out on the ice like I have done. But we need to drive over a bridge to get in and out of Sunny Isles and the idea of going off that road is terrifying. I know the odds are essentially impossible, but still.
We know we were looked down upon by guardian angels, so that we didn't lose control of the car during a worse time. We are so grateful for our safety, and I am now ALL over her car seat restraints. So if I say something about your infant seat restraints, I apologize for being pushy but I am so paranoid now.
We know we were looked down upon by guardian angels, so that we didn't lose control of the car during a worse time. We are so grateful for our safety, and I am now ALL over her car seat restraints. So if I say something about your infant seat restraints, I apologize for being pushy but I am so paranoid now.

No comments:
Post a Comment