Cora slept through the night last night.
I'm not even kidding. 10-6... I woke up at 4:30 imagining that she was being smothered by our blankets and pillows, then checked on her and she was just snoozing away in her crib. When she woke up and we realized it was 6 AM we were amazed! Then she ate and went back down until 10 AM.
She is also getting the hang of napping in her crib. Mostly. (As I'm writing this she is wriggling around and grunting... she'll probably be up soon.)
(Her pediatrician told us she needs to nap on her tummy, then sleep at night on her back. She moves a TON at night... takes after both of us!)
So why do I feel so sad at the same time? I just keep thinking of all the times we have spent up, where the only thing that will get her back to sleep is being held. This is still the case usually (we can hear her at night trying to get herself back to sleep), but she is sleeping more and waking up less. She can also lay by herself longer and doesn't need us as constantly.
I read this article that sums up my feelings exactly:
Every new thing she learns is both a time of excitement and sadness. I miss the teeny tiny baby we brought home from the hospital, but love this cute bigger baby we have now.

No comments:
Post a Comment