One of the biggest reasons I wanted Brandon to take the Visalia job after Barry was because I wanted to be near my parents after their mission. We can also be close to Brandon's parents right now, so the kids can be near both grandparents starting next summer.
An unexpected bonus that we didn't expect a year and a half ago was having Dallin and Krystel in the Bay Area all summer, and now Austin will be near for the next 2 years at Stanford! It's only a 3 hour drive.
2 weeks before he was supposed to come out, his car got stolen. It was a very stressful time, as we were unsure as to how he was going to get out here. But miracle of all miracles, the Provo police found it just before he left.
He planned to move out this past weekend, and we were able to swing it so we got to go help him do some grocery shopping. We figured it was our way of being the "parents" here.
It was fun seeing another part of California. Apparently just outside of Palo Alto there is a NASA research center!
Austin's dorm is... pretty good for students haha. He has a nice roommate I met at one point. It's basically the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.
His ward is just off campus, so he can walk there which is nice!
On the drive up we saw that there were tickets to the Stanford-UC Davis football game for $11 for the FIFTEENTH row. So we took it! James did not want Austin to ever put him down.
Cora spent the whole game with her hands over her ears, saying "This is too loud. I don't like football. I want to go home." Then as soon as we left Stanford scored twice. Bummer!
Lunch was at Wahlburger's, which was pretty good. But raw jalepenos in my salad made my mouth burn.
We took Austin to Walmart and Trader Joe's. Cora made a few interesting fashion choices along the way!
After dinner, we headed back to Oakley. We were teasing Ashlee and Luis for sleep training Charlotte with the video monitor... while she was 10 feet away. It's funny now, but I know I was just like this with Cora!
James looked especially dapper in his Larry King outfit at church.
He LOVES having Charlotte around! Charlotte is a little bit afraid of him, you can see her eyes get big when he comes stumbling up to her.
We tried to keep her safe from James, but it didn't work.
He was jealous of her seat, so he BIT her toes. Not hard, because I couldn't see a bite mark. But she cried, Ashlee got her out, and then he climbed in and played happily with the toys. Sorry Charlotte!
We now have 2 stops to make in the Bay, and possibly 3 next year if Dallin and Krystel decide to move back here!
No comments:
Post a Comment