Saturday, September 29, 2018

Wascally Wabbit 5k

So, this was supposed to be half marathon 6, and my last double digit run before St. George marathon.
However, after my 18 mile run I had some issues, and went to the doctor. I pulled some muscles and had some core issues (which is as specific as I would like to be), so while waiting for an appointment with the physical therapist I should not be running long distances. As this happened the week I was supposed to run 40 miles (5, 10, 5, and 20 miles respectively), I knew I would not be able to make the marathon.
It was a huge disappointment, but I know it's more important to listen to my body.
BUT, since I had already paid for my half marathon I asked if I could downgrade to the 5k. I figured I would run what I could and walk the rest.


Around mile 2, a few other runners and I noticed a woman staggering toward us. Initially my thought was that it was a drunk person walking one off. Then I noticed blood all down her shirt, and I was a little alarmed. Then I noticed the zombie face paint. PHEW! A few more people jumped out at us, which was totally unexpected. They didn't mention that when we were signing up!
I did it in 41:20, which is a pretty good pace for me doing the walk/run pace!

Now to get stronger and (hopefully) faster!1+++++

No comments:

Post a Comment