Ok this is SO late but here is James' 15 month report!
James started walking around Labor Day. He has not stopped since. His favorite time to walk is when we are at church, which has led to a lot of walks outside.
BUT LOOK AT THE SUSPENDERS!
This kid... he loves to climb! I can't get him to stop! He falls off things all the time, but he's starting to learn how to climb off things.
I am obsessed, OBSESSED, with his hair. It is so soft and the COLOR. So amazing.
James LOVES his cousin Charlotte. The feeling is not quite mutual yet. In another year she'll be bugging the heck out of him, but for now she just looks to us for help.
He is still the happiest little boy. He loves dogs and trains and dogs and dinosaurs and so many things.
James loves to do everything Cora does. I knew this would happen but it is hilarious to watch! It's starting to double my expenses for them, because if I want to keep Cora happy then James needs to jump in on it.
Every time we went to Grandma and Grandpa Murphy's house Brandon heard the same story about how they couldn't find me until they looked into a cupboard and found me upside down hanging out in the cupboard. So whenever I find James in our cupboard it makes me smile and think of Grandpa Murphy.
Right at the end of September I decided, on a whim, that I should cut James's hair. Before:
And after:
I totally butchered it. The sides had some crazy short ends, and the front is all wonky. But he still look so cute! And I left some of the front long so I could sweep it. I'll trim it when it gets longer.
James has not been talking at ALL. Just in the last half of September he has started to make sounds instead of just grunts. He CAN say words, because in the past he has said "dog", "bye bye", "nana", etc. But right now he just wants to grunt at us. I am keeping an eye on it for the time being, but if he doesn't talk a lot more before his 18 month checkup I am thinking of having his speech evaluated. But he is SO CUTE. Even if he's so busy and I just sweat at church because I am keeping him alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment