We just had our 8th wedding anniversary. Since it was the day of Cora's ear tubes, we didn't celebrate until the next day.
I have been thinking a lot about the journey we have been on. Every time I see something about a wedding, they say "It's the most important day of your life, you never forget a detail". And while I think it's a very important day, it's not what I think of now when I think of us. I think of the 3 cities we have lived in. I think of the trials we have overcome. I think of all the great places we have gotten to visit (I think we've been to 22 states together by now??). We have been to 35 temples all across the country (and 1 in Ecuador). We have graduated 4 times. We have held 7 jobs. And most importantly, we have 2 beautiful children who are the joy of our lives.
(And the stress, if we are honest.)
When we got married, I thought I loved Brandon as much as I ever could. I thought I knew him as much as I ever could. WRONG.
I thought I'd remember everything from our wedding, but really what I think of is the love we felt. Which has just compounded over the last 8 years. We aren't as young and thin as we were back then, and Brandon's hair definitely is more gray than our wedding day (I don't have any gray hair yet thankfully!). But we are partners.
Happy 8 years, Brandon. Here's to 8 more, and 80 more, and 800 more, etc. etc. etc.


No comments:
Post a Comment