Sunday, January 17, 2010

Laundry Ranting/Raving/Venting (and stories from this weekend)

While BYU Idaho is an institution that is ordained of God, there are definitely some facilities that are less than celestial. One is this stupid laundry system. You think that since Tuscany is one of the newer apartment complexes around campus, we would be able to have free laundry. At the least, CHEAP. However, that is not Tami's plan for us. I think she's some type of vampire, except instead of sucking our blood from our necks she's draining our wallets for her own gain. Example? Charging me $30 for not sweeping BEHIND the fridge at checkouts. Sorry, i forgot we eat off the floor back there. And charging us because we had a candle lit away from anything else last night. Anyway, laundry. It's $1.25 to wash and another dollar to dry. So, $2.25 to do a load. Multiply that by 4, and you get $9. Per week? Yeah right! If there's 12 weeks in the semester, that's over $100 I'm spending on laundry alone. And you can't combine loads in the dryer, because it won't dry the clothes. So basically, I've devised a new plan of attack. Many of my clothes do not need to be washed every week. That sounds gross, but I'm not being unhygienic. For example, my jeans are always super tight, they can afford to stretch out a little bit and be normal until I wash them again. I also have enough clothes to last a few weeks, I just usually wear the same 10 shirts over and over again. I just don't get why we have to empty our wallets every week looking for quarters to feed this infernal machine.
At any rate, I had a spectacular fall last night at the pool. I was running after a ball, which was kind of scary because it was on slick tiles and Cody was running after me. I had this vision of me sliding in front of the ball, rolling into the pool, while managing to hit Cody in the face with the ball as I went under. Instead, you remember that scene from "Free Willy" when the kid falls in front of the killer whale tank and hits his head on the cement? It probably looked like that. Fortunately my hip has a lot of cushioning, otherwise it might have REALLY hurt. As it is, i'm going to have a spectacular bruise there. As i slowly rolled my mass into the pool, they asked if I was ok. I was hurt, but why would I tell them that? So now I'm sore because of working out and eating it on the tiles last night.
At any rate, I just got my calling. Sunday School teacher. Ironic, eh? Love it, our FHE brother recommended me to the bishop. And then some of the boys came over and gave Lindsay a blessing, since she was coughing up a storm. So cute that we have friends who can do that.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet new calling Camille, if I was Bishop I would scoop you up to teach the tender young minds as well! You have a lot of great insights to share, and also value others oponions! YOu will be awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice calling camielle!! lol. i'm the visiting teaching supervisor so we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete