Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mysterious Ways

So in my most recent post, I was feeling rather yucky.
Well, I watched "7 Pounds" tonight. And if someone hasn't seen the movie and doesn't want it to get ruined for them, don't continue reading, because I'm going to spill it. I am so amazed at the sacrifice Will Smith made for total strangers. I can only imagine the guilt he felt after causing an accident that killed 7 people, including his fiancee. But he repaid that sevenfold... literally. the fact that he found someone who had his same blood type with a faulty heart was amazing. Then he went and gave up his own life for her. In the end, he donated part of his liver, bone marrow, a lung lobe, eyes, his house, and his heart to seven random strangers. That honestly got me thinking about the Atonement. Perhaps because I'm thinking of my Sunday School lesson that I need to finish. But really. Think about the ultimate sacrifice given in both situations. Needless to say, it was powerful. And makes me want to be a better person.

2 comments:

  1. That was a good movie, Camille I think you are amazing and I love you... "hearing your thoughts" is fun on your blog... but reading it always perks up my curiousity of your fun life... like, "what did that letter say", "who was it from", "does she still like him"... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denice, the letter was from Thomas, the boy I dated before he went on his mission a year ago. He hadn't written me in 9 months, and he apologized a ton in this last letter and said he felt like such a jerk for not having written me... Do I still like him? I guess time will have to tell... I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete