Last night Rexburg Housing threw a party at the Marriott (I didn't even know we had one in Rexburg). It started at 8, so at about 9 Brandon, Rachel and I strolled in. You know the saying, the party don't start til I walk in. I was relieved to see that this held true in Mormon dances, but was quickly disappointed by the fact that the party did NOT pick up as soon as I entered. Of course, this description is all for the sake of being facetious (which IS my word, and not Meg and Liz's), but it's pathetically accurate. There were about 25 kids on the dance floor, and 24 of them were in high school. The other one was a 27 year old I knew. I knew this party was going to be hopping when a scene kid pulled out rave toys and started playing with them. We attempted a few pathetic times to dance, but I never felt comfortable with it. Fortunately, Rachel is comfortable dancing all the time, she kind of reminds me of Pica. So I kept trying... I'm just not comfortable dancing when i'm with boys. Then our FHE sisters showed up. Since 3 of them are RM's, I wasn't quite sure how they felt about dancing at a party. They did NOT disappoint... it was awesome! Right about the time "Don't Trust Me" came on, I was feeling pretty good about this party. I was screaming the words the whole time, but my voice was gone, so it made for a good time.
The music quickly picked up in quality, and I ended up actually having fun with my FHE sisters, despite the fact that the hot RM sisters were getting violated by little kids the whole time. It was pretty funny, actually. Too bad it took more than half the semester to realize how much fun they really were. Now it's 130 AM and I need to finish my Sunday School lesson... in the morning. Thank goodness for 1230 PM church, I'll just get up early and finish it.
I DO dance whenever and wherever i want. I have no shame. hahah
ReplyDelete