Tuesday, May 25, 2010

La Primera Boda del Verano (AKA Lauren's wedding)

Ok my Spanish is still a little bit shaky... I have no idea if that is correct.
At any rate, last weekend (Thursday) was Lauren's wedding. So my dad and I flew up early Thursday morning, to Bountiful Utah for the wedding. I wish I had gotten a picture of the temple, because it's a gorgeous one. However, I was there for about 3 hours before the wedding, because my dad wanted to do a session there. So I explored downtown Bountiful (took less than an hour), and sat in the lobby of the temple for a while, writing and feeling the peace that is always at the temple. Then the wedding happened, and I hung out with Lauren's cousins on her other side (Sarah Jorgenson and Annette Hogge). I did get pictures of them walking out of the temple, and she looked gorgeous!
Then we took the family pictures... Note how well I like to pay attention to the camera in the first picture.
Then my dad wanted a picture of just us with the blissful newlyweds:
After the wedding was the dinner, and there were many toasts. I dont think Lincoln wanted me to give a toast because he knew I had so many stories haha. Then the reception was a lot of fun, because I got to see lots of people that I knew. Many of my cousins were there, and it was amazing to see them (as usual). To see Alyse and Tommy is always fun, and I ended up staying at their house that night. We got In-N-Out on the way home (of course), and I got to spend the next day with Alyse, Tommy, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa Murphy.

So that's all... I'm going to Nicaragua tomorrow. I'm kind of nervous, hopefully my Spanish helps me out right now. But I know I can get through the airport by myself just fine, and after that I won't be alone for the rest of the trip! Which I"m totally fine with. All the wishes of "be safe" make me a little bit nervous... but I'll be fine. And safe. And I'll keep this updated! Probably more than my Facebook, I"ll probably just update that when I get home. Ciao!

1 comment: