Saturday, May 21, 2011

Crocheting

Ever since Brandon left me (or I should say I left him, because he's back where we were before), I've been trying to come up with things to do with my time. It's not even that I hate being with my family, because I don't. I like being home. It's just hard to go from being with someone all day every day to only being able to communicate by phone and Skype (Although I did get to see him this week (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) which is my excitement) which i'll post about when I get brandon's camera back). My mom suggested I take up a hobby, which I initially scoffed. I just enjoy being by myself when I'm melancholy, moping around or whatnot. But, I took her advice and took up crocheting. This is my first attempt at it...
By the time I realized it looked bad, it had gone on for long enough that I didn't just want to give it up. So I decided to keep going with it. It's going to be for my hammock that we're hanging up in our study room in the apartment that we SIGNED FOR!!!! Very exciting. At any rate, it's getting quite big, and I am also moving on to other things. Namely, a blanket for our front room.
I'm obsessed. It's really funny, because this is just the thing I would make fun of normally. But now I know I can make baby blankets for when my friends start having children, and stuff for our apartment. Since we're all poor and stuff. I'm also going to make tablecloths, but not by crocheting. Anyway, if anyone has good tips for me I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome that you've really gotten into this! i think i want a sewing machine and i want to do pillows and stuff now... so many ideas in my head at the moment.
    but i'm way impressed with you and the crocheting! i can only make a line so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Camille... take a better picture of your masterpeice so I can see it better. You are awesome and yes, such a great use of your time! I never had the patience...

    ReplyDelete