Monday, May 2, 2011

Nothing is going according to plan.

I'll clarify.
Back when Brandon and I started talking about getting married, I had this whole vision in my head. We would either get married July 23 or December 22 (his idea) in the San Diego temple. We would have a gorgeous wedding reception somewhere that is nice but not extravagant, and we would honeymoon somewhere way far away from everyone else... maybe Hawaii? I even had our announcement picture planned out. He would be in a dark gray sweater, wearing his glasses (because I think they make him look very attractive). I would be in a navy blue dress that I bought a year or so ago. We would be standing in front of either a tree with changing colors (obviously if we were getting married in December) or a tree with blossoms everywhere).
Well, obviously that's not happening. But here's the thing. All of this, this is real. I keep telling Brandon that. Those ideas were fantasies, and obviously not realistic. But these pictures, the Newport Beach temple, possibly having our reception at the Bryan building, honeymooning no more than an hour from our families (San Diego and Maine)... that's our real plans. And, I love it!
So why do I keep trying to justify my decisions? No idea. "So where are you getting married?" "The Newport Beach templeBECAUSE we just thought it would be easier that way..." "Where are you thinking about having your reception?" "The Bryan buildingBECAUSE it's free, and if we have a free venue we can spend more money on other things..." "When are you having your reception?" "The night beforeBECAUSE we want to enjoy our reception..."
Seriously. What am i doing? That ends today. It's my wedding gosh dang it and I like how it's going! I don't need to justify anything to anyone.
PS 110 days... I"m counting down. And I am flying up to Idaho in 14 days to see Brandon... I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment