So they called me and told me it was customer service for a company. I would be calling people who had recently bought a product and ask them about their experience.
FALSE.
I get there the first day (it was 1 PM to 5:30 PM originally), and they tell that they're supposed to recruit 240 participants for an auto clinic in New Jersey the weekend of May 6 and May 7. So what am I doing? Cold calls to people from 4 PM to 9 PM East Coast time, calling owners of certain cars to get them to come.
It was pretty interesting, to say the least. I got yelled at a few times, hung up on a LOT, and talked to some pretty interesting people. I was in a room with this girl named Sophie, and she was pretty awesome to talk to. I enjoyed it. For a few days one of the other temps was in our room, and she drove me nuts. She was such a pessimist and a one-upper. One of the other temps was a woman about 65 years old... bless her heart she was so nice but so weird. One time she complimented me on my boat shoes, and then asked me if I was on a boat. I didn't know how to respond, so I said no.
Imagine my joy when the temp agency told me my assignment ended earlier than they had anticipated. Hallelujah!!!!!! It was worth not getting the extra dough... I am a firm believer that my mental health is much more precious than $10 an hour. And now I'm going to go back to babysitting until i get another job. And I get to visit Brandon next Monday. Yay.
It was pretty interesting, to say the least. I got yelled at a few times, hung up on a LOT, and talked to some pretty interesting people. I was in a room with this girl named Sophie, and she was pretty awesome to talk to. I enjoyed it. For a few days one of the other temps was in our room, and she drove me nuts. She was such a pessimist and a one-upper. One of the other temps was a woman about 65 years old... bless her heart she was so nice but so weird. One time she complimented me on my boat shoes, and then asked me if I was on a boat. I didn't know how to respond, so I said no.
Imagine my joy when the temp agency told me my assignment ended earlier than they had anticipated. Hallelujah!!!!!! It was worth not getting the extra dough... I am a firm believer that my mental health is much more precious than $10 an hour. And now I'm going to go back to babysitting until i get another job. And I get to visit Brandon next Monday. Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment