And this sums up our relationship.
Austin leaves in 23 days for his mission, and I'm starting to get a little bit sad about it. Not that I'm sad he's going on a mission, but that I won't be able to text him or call him for 2 years... Just emails once a week (if that).
Austin and I were meant to be siblings consecutive in the birth order. We are the two loudest kids in the family, and really just get each other.
"You sneaky MOM!"We were meant to be twins.
When we went to Six Flags... this face was posed.
The three brothers.
When Austin made the most obnoxious noise while riding his bike around Balboa Island.
After we had stayed up all night talking... I can't remember the last time I did that.
Outside the Mount Timpanogos temple when Austin went through for the first time!
After we had stayed up all night talking... I can't remember the last time I did that.
Outside the Mount Timpanogos temple when Austin went through for the first time!
I'm so excited that Austin is going on this adventure. If I didn't get married I'd be out too! (Note: not a state of regret. I'm so glad I got married!) I'm going to miss him, but I can't wait to hear about his French learning, and his adventures in the cold, and how his personality will draw in the potential investigators.
He has the strength and determination of 100 normal people. When he wants something to get done, he will do it and wonder why the rest of us weren't as excited about it. I see this translating into his mission work. He will see an investigator, and not accept any of their weak excuses as to why they are not doing something when they really want to be at church.
He really cares about the people he gets close to. We have pictures of him with Bethany as a baby, and he was so protective and loving of her. I know that he will love the people of Quebec Canada, and he would do anything for them. He just needs to get the language down first.
We're so excited to see you in your adventures, Austin! His mission blog URL is www.elderaustinkmurphy.blogspot.com. There's nothing on it right now, but it will be updated soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment