Friday, December 14, 2012

Not a good day.

As a future elementary school teacher, I just can't stop crying. My eyes have not stopped tearing up and overflowing for over an hour.
I have a very tender heart when it comes to children, and my heart happens to be connected to my tear ducts. This is the absolute worst thing I could ever imagine would happen at an elementary school.
I just spent an entire semester in a kindergarten class, and the thought of anything so horrific happening to my class just makes me break down again.
Even worse, Cole's in an elementary school! Any shooting is horrific, but I think that no matter a child's home life elementary school should be a safe place.
After I read these articles, I made Brandon lay near me and we watched Disney on Netflix. I just can't process what happened. "The Rescuers Down Under" helped a little, but I can't pretend like this didn't happen.

When I think of this, I am so grateful for the Atonement. While these families will probably never be healed in this life, I know they will see their little angels again. Because, these children really are angels now. They needed to be taken back at this time, it's just unfortunate that it had to happen in such a senseless and awful way. But that is why Christ died. He atoned for us so that we can be with him again. These children are saved, and they are in His arms now.
It's amazing that earlier I was worried about getting the apartment clean before Taylor comes over, while some families were dealing with much worse.
I'm grateful for my family, and that we will all be able to see each other over the Christmas break. During this time, we should remember to be grateful. While I don't have my own children to hug tonight, I'll get to meet two sweet babies this break, and nothing can take that away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment