I am a huge advocate for people with disabilities, if you didn't know.
Few things make me think less of you like hearing you say the "r-word". It's appalling, and I think that few words are worse to say. Sometimes I will say it, but if someone doesn't listen to my opinions and continues to speak in such a hateful way then I can't help it.
I feel for those wonderful families who have to handle this different situations, because I have not had a sibling or child like this. I am grateful for the training I have received, because if my friends or family need help with additional services with their children I can help them through the system. I will also be that super annoying parent who tells them that they're doing it wrong. But only if they actually are, because I'll actually know for once.
My major is the exact right thing for this, because ideally I want to become a professional advocate for these children, and defend them in court.
I watched this video, and yep, you guessed it-cried. Few things get me emotional the way that watching someone with a disability succeed, or someone defending them.
So now my question is, what would YOU do? I know what I would do. I would get in that guy's face and tell him to mind his own business. He can't even imagine how those parents feel, especially when he said "You should discipline your child". Ugh, it makes me so mad!
No comments:
Post a Comment