I'm not a spontaneous person. When we are going on a trip, I freak out about if we have our luggage and if we forgot anything.
Today, I did something spontaneous.
To back this up, I've always wanted long hair. I had a goal of growing it to my waist, and it's just about there right now. However, I've been sick of my hair for a long time. I have been having to fight it every day for months, and it gets knotted in no time flat. Even after I got haircuts, it would just fry and get tangled. I was so so sick of it, and how much it would hurt to brush it. It reminded me of when my mom cut my hair when I was 4 because I'd cry when she'd brush my hair... same thing pretty much.
So today, I got a text from my friend who cuts hair saying she had an opening at 3. I said yes, of course. And while I was thinking about it, I was thinking that I should donate my hair. I put it off, and went to my appointment. I was talking about how I wrestle with my hair every day, and then I said, "Alright, let's donate it!"
In order to demonstrate the drastic difference, let me show you in pictures.
Before:
After:
Ohhh my gosh. I can't believe it still. But you know how people say they miss their long hair? Well, to me it's like kicking that bad boyfriend to the curb. We had our good times, but the last few months have been nothing but fighting so it was good that you went.
I'm glad that I have such talented friends. I just said that I wanted a hairstyle that looked cute in hats and headbands, and something that I could pull back if I wanted. And voila!


No comments:
Post a Comment