This story has many parts.
1. My biggest regret from college is that I never got to do a study abroad. I know I know, that's such a first world problem. But seriously. Especially after going to Nicaragua, I have wanted to go somewhere Latin and immerse myself in that culture and that language.
2. Since Brandon and I have a year between BYU-Idaho and Brandon's P.A. school, we were looking about an internship for Brandon. We figure we should go somewhere crazy, because after that we won't be able to live in a foreign country. Since he spoke Spanish on his mission (and being bilingual is a boost in the medical field), we have been looking at Latin America. I was just worried that I would be bored for 4 months without anyone to keep me entertained, so an internship for me would be great too.
3. I got an email the other day about a paid internship opportunity in Puebla, Mexico. That's perfect! I was so excited, and told Brandon to start looking for internships around there, because if he could get one there too we could fulfill one of our dreams.
Sadly, one of the requirements is getting TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language) certified. I have 5 months to do it if we wanted to go in the fall. I mean, I'd be down for 2 international internships after each other, but it's still frustrating. I could get the credits done in a semester, but with student teaching it might be hard.
I'm not sure how this is going to happen, but I know that an internship in Mexico teaching English is 1) a lifelong dream and 2) something great to put on a resume.
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment