Saturday, November 30, 2013

Santa Run 2013

Today I ran my fifth race... The Santa Run in Ogden. Yes it was a little bit crazy to drive 3 hours just for a race and drive back 2 hours later, but SO worth it.
Everyone who ran got a Santa suit to run in, and a shirt. So off I went, solo I might add. Brandon had to work.
When I got there, they told me there was no drop for keys or phones... So I held both during the race. We also started right next to the under-construction Ogden temple... It's so pretty!
So like I said, I was given my suit and went back to change. Luckily I had the foresight to wear running clothes under my suit, because when I put it on I accidentally stepped on the seams and it split. Like, halfway to the knees split. Whoops. So I ran like that, because what do you expect from cheap felt?
I got someone to take my picture to send to everyone, and this is the full getup:
I was smiling under the beard... You just can't tell.
Here's about a fourth of the people running in the race, just to give you an idea of how many Santas were running with me:
Seriously. It was awesome. And there were baby Santas and elves, and dogs dressed up, and Christmas music playing, and milk and cookies at the water stations... Christmas heaven. Even if I didn't have any of the milk or cookies, because I didn't feel like throwing up on the track if we had to double back on it 3 times.
I am so grateful that my body is used enough to running that a 5k is not a big deal anymore. Because otherwise I would have died... I have not been able to get out much and train. 
One more race down! The next one is probably going to be the Famous Idaho Potato half... Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment