I ran my first 10K race today. I signed up for it after the Temple to Temple Relay. It was something I wanted to do on my way to my half marathon, and it would keep me motivated to keep running. It also takes place of a Turkey Trot run that I wanted to do. It was in Blackfoot, about an hour away. So luckily it didn't start at 7 AM like I thought earlier this week.
I was surprised at how small of a venue it was. We were at the park right off the freeway, and to give you an idea of how small it was, the announcer didn't even use a megaphone. He told us we had from 8:30 until they stopped timing at 10:00 if we wanted our times to be tracked. So I had a goal to beat.
This shirt is sweet though! It's a long sleeved shirt and says on the back, "I'm not a couch potato, I'm a Tater Trotter!" Amen.
After we got started, Brandon ran around to the other side of the parking lot and caught me as I came around. I make super cute faces.
I was surprised at how well my legs did in my run. I wasn't even the last person to come in... so that was a success. I did stop for a minute at the drink table, but that's ok.
I came in running my race in 1:13:06, which is much faster than my pace in the relay. Brandon wanted me to do this for my victory pose. My idea was for me to have my head between my knees, but I'll probably save that for my half marathon.
So, you may have been asking yourself, "Why was this called the 'Tater Trot'? Besides the fact that it is in Idaho..." Well, they had a meal for all the runners.
A baked potato. And I may have been just starving from the run, but it was SO good.
I successfully ran 6.2 miles in a race, and I didn't even die. Next stop, Santa Run!





No comments:
Post a Comment