Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful List '13- Days 1-3

I'm just going to do a thankful list this year, but doing one every day will be nuts. But, I think grouping these posts together will work well. I definitely have a lot to be thankful for.
Day 1- I'm thankful for my job. That feeling changes about 4 times a day, but right now I am feeling positive and confident in my job. I am learning how to balance everything. The last few weeks I've felt like I've been doing OK. Just learning to get through it, and as long as I don't feel like I'm forgetting something major I'm ok. It's also stretching me as far as I can go. I'm finally learning how to work as hard as I can, which is something that was long overdue.
Sure, my job isn't ideal. I have a headache every day, but I'm doing it!
Best of all, I LOVE my kids. I told them the other day what I was going to be for Halloween, but I just gave them clues.  One girl whispered in my ear, "I don't remember his name, but are you going to be the guy from Where's Waldo?" I laughed really hard at that.
The other day my class was talking about how they didn't want to live anywhere near an ocean because they would get eaten by sharks. I said, "No, that's not true. I lived by an ocean for almost 20 years and I never saw a shark in the water!" They said, "WOW! 20 years?? You must be almost 40!!" Major sad face.
Day 2- I'm thankful for my two missionary brothers. It's pretty rough to have 2 brothers out at the same time, especially with all the fun time I've had with them just before they left. I loved having Austin come up and visit his freshman year, and it was even more touching to walk in on him in our guest bedroom one time and find him reading his scriptures. Dallin came up to Idaho for almost a week last summer, and it was so fun to go out to Twin Falls with him. I didn't realize that would be the only summer we would have him visiting us up here, otherwise I would have done more fun things with him. Both of my brothers are my heroes, because of how hard they are working on their missions. We just celebrated Austin's 21st birthday, and it makes me so happy that he'll be home soon. My heart won't be complete until they're both honorably home.
 Bahahaha Austin as Jason... he never took that off.

 Day 3- I'm so thankful for the power of prayer. Just a preface on that. For those who don't know, my uncle Wes suffered a brain hemorrhage from a disease he had that he didn't know he had, called AVM. He was on business in NYC, which saved his life ultimately. It was touch and go for a while, but he managed to pull through, and make it through rehab in record time. It is amazing to see that the power of prayer works. Every day since it happens I have been thankful for his progress, and have tried to stay optimistic even when it didn't seem too good. We sure love Wes, and I am SO glad we got to spend time together this summer. We went to dinner with them  at the end of July, and it was so fun to see Wes' old stomping grounds in Idaho Falls. I'm thankful for his recovery and the power of the prayers that went into strengthening him and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment