Sunday, March 16, 2014

Green.

I thought I'd share this separate from a post about my dad's birthday... but I digress.
So, I love St. Patrick's Day. Mainly because it's my dad's birthday, but also because my favorite color to wear is green. So, when I heard there was a free 5k and costume contest for St. Patrick's Day on Saturday, I had to sign up. Anything to dress up!
So, I got a can of green hairspray and went to town. It didn't turn out as green as I wanted, but it turned out fine:
Oh yeah, and it was 27 degrees. Chilly.
We also did a "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" picture, which turned out fine on the second try.

We started running, and it wasn't too bad except we had to run the hill to the temple. Which is hard when you have been running on a treadmill since Christmas.
But I ran it in 33:08, which met my goal of running it in less than 11 minutes/mile. When I was sitting down stretching, one of the event coordinators came up to me and said, "Hey so we are doing a costume contest and we think you should win with your green hair." So she got my name and told me to come pick up my prize next week. So, sweet!
I've got other races to do in the next few weeks... Counting down to the half!

No comments:

Post a Comment