Saturday, March 22, 2014

Run 4 Ruby

I ran another race today. It's a good motivator when I don't want to get my rear end out there and have a half marathon in 2 months (!!!!!).
There's a family in Southern California who lost their little girl to liver failure a few years ago, so now they have a foundation to raise awareness about organ donation. Now, I'm a sucker for things like this so I begged Brandon to let me sign up. They had an "out of state" option, where they would send you everything and let you run it by yourself. So I did that, and Rachel signed up to do it with me.
So the race day came up and it was 19 degrees outside... FREEZING! So I made sure to put on a jacket and pants.
Super cute shirts... That's not why I did it though.
So my iPod was about to die, so I asked Brandon for his phone. Well, about half a mile in my music cut out and I pulled out his phone in time to see the little circle of death that meant the battery had run out. Dang it. I still had 2.6 miles left to run! So I did it even without music, and let me tell you I was so proud of myself that day.
I love these runs for causes... I hope it never comes to it but I'm definitely doing one if I need to raise awareness about a member of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment